Thursday, October 1, 2009

A change and a flood

I'll start with a flood.

I haven't had time to watch or read the news lately. With my editing work, a sideline job (translating), a son going through school term exam, and a digi-scrapping hobby, I'd rather sleep for 6 hours straight than watch TV. That's why I didn't know about the flood in the Philippines and Vietnam until earlier today when my mother talked about the rain and showed me the pictures of both countries in a newspaper.


I immediately went to my scrapping friends from Philippines' blogs; Rachelle (Rachness Designs) and Indy (SassyIndy), and saw that Indy has blogged about the flood. She has pictures and clips of the flood that would just break your heart. But what struck me most is the story of her cousin stuck on the second floor of a house with other adults and a child.* I still haven't heard from Rachelle and I'm praying that she's alright. Being a journalist, she might probably be busy covering the flood herself.

* New update from Indy: her cousin has been saved now. Hurrah!!


It's time to lend a hand. Please help if you can, in any way you can.

Please visit the Philippines Red Cross and Vietnam Red Cross websites to find out how you can donate.


(The Vietnam Red Cross website is not running so I'm sending you to the Vietnam page of The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) instead.)


May all that is Holy and Sacred in this world protect all the flood victims and their loved ones. I hope the situation improves very soon.


*****

Now about a change.

Jaime Choi of Three Paper Peonies has a new challenge that comes with her new ittybitty kit called "Change". She asked us to scrap about a change in our lives. I love the color scheme of this kit so much. Here's my challenge entry:

(click on image for bigger view or to leave comment in DST gallery)

Journaling:
When Neill was little, Mama used to automatically take the role of family photographer, lurking behind bushes and trees trying to take candid pictures of him playing and interacting with people. ....Not anymore.

Now that Neill is able to handle the camera himself, he's the one lurking and taking all those nice but not-so-candid shots of family members. We believe it's a good thing for him to learn to be observant and expand his imagination. As long as he doesn't drop the camera that is.

Credits:
Everything including wordart (altered) from Change ittybitty kit by Three Paper Peonies
Mosaic strip template by Pom's Breathing Room (my own :D )



I'll be giving away the layered mosaic strip template as freebie here in this blog very soon. Maybe even later today, I don't know yet. Let's see.

2 comments:

Sassyindy said...

Hi Pom! Thank you so much for posting about the flood in my country, and most especially thank you for your donation - which my aunt will match, "yay!" - that means more food to distribute to more families.

You are a genius with your layouts, love them all! Thank you for the mosaic template - I will definitely use it!

Hmm, I think today I shall set aside time to finish that kit I started.

Have a good day Pom and may more blessing come your way!

PaMam said...

"CHANGE" ...a short word ..in a big meaningful.

Glad to see how's your boy changed.