Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I need to blog more often!

That's right. I need to blog more often. I can't believe how fast time can fly. No..actually I can, as much as I can believe how slow I can be.

It's kinda funny huh? You were enjoying the holidays and the celebration. You set up some nice resolutions for yourself in the new year. There're new activities, new challenges, and new opportunities everywhere you turn, and you were so caught up with them. Next thing you know, not one but TWO weeks of the new year have almost passed!!!! And you can't help yourself asking, What the heck have I been doing?????

Well, I can tell you about those hecks that I've been doing. LOL! I've been scrapping a lot, and outside of scrapping, there were some translating and editing work for me to do as well. My ever-busy son Neill was also participating in sports days at school so I spent more time at school waiting for him to finish practise. He was not running or in a sports team this time, he was a leader of the cheering team. ("Not a CHEERLEADER, Mama! That's for girls!!")

Anyway, in short (as if I can do short...hehehe) I forgot to show you a whole lot of layouts I got done during these past two weeks. And I'd better show you those before the 15th! Because that's the day I have to update the blog again to welcome the Digital Scrap Cafe's January Blog Train!!! AMAZING FREEBIES COMING!! CHOO! CHOO! It's gonna be the first time I'm a part of a blog train so please make sure your harddisk has enough space for more fab freebies! LOL!

So, I'll try to keep the talking to the minimum and take you straight to the layouts made with fabulous kits and templates now!! Ready??

* * * * *

Remember, all images are clickable for bigger view and the previews will take you to the product page. :)

I'll start with this gorgeous card templates by Alamama's Pressed Petals Designs. It's called simply Thank You Cards. I scrapped a card that means a lot to us personally. It's to say thanks for my brother-in-law and his family who own and run a small but fabulous guesthouse/boutique hotel called Casa Caballero in Portsmanburg, South Africa. We had a chance to stay there a few nights and had a wonderful time there. I'll definitely blog about and show you the pictures of the hotel some day.


Credits:
All by Alamama's Pressed Patals Designs
-
Thank You Cards template set and Boy Meets Girl mini kit

* * * * *

These two page actually got done last year. LOL! Using the HUGE collab kit Chrismas Grab Bag from Digital Scrap Cafe, featuring the whole store's designers!!! It's my intention to make the pages as different from the other as possible and show that the kit is not just for Christmas but also good for everyday scrapping! I think I pulled it off. :)


Credits:
Callab kit
Christmas Grab Bag by Digital Scrap Cafe
Template by lovingsue

Credits:
Collab kit
Christmas Grab Bag by Digital Scrap Cafe
Template from
Templage Pack 2 (modified) from Double Dutch Design
Quote chosen by Reece's Pieces

* * * * *

Next is a layout made from a templae and kit by
Catia Cunha who's enjoying the Designer's Spotlight at DSC. All her products (CU included!) are still on sale for as much as 80% off!



Credits:
All from Catia Cunha -
Layout Template 001 (modified) and kit My Little Boy in Bundle 3

* * * * *

I've been wanting to scrap with baby pictures of Neill and finally I got a chance. These are from when he was 7 months old. He was so cute and pink and soft (still is actually.) We could have made a fortune if we charged $1 everytime somebody want to squish his cheeks! LOL!

I used Double Dutch Designs new kit
My Boy for this. It's also a scraplift of Daughter by Morgana, which is the subject of DSC's latest scraplift challenge hosted by Momma Trish! If you also want to lift Morgana's fabulous layout, hurry up! You have until Jan. 18th to finish your page.



* * * * *

Whewwww! Last layout of today, finally. But it's also the first layout in Project 52 at DSC that I commit to this year. We call it A Year in the Life (AYITL). I chose this picture of Neill to represent his first week of 2010! Please do click on image to see big picture and read the journaling, so you can appreciate Neill's little negotiating skill! :)



This one is made with AYITL January Template by Pure Creativity Designs and a combination of mini kits by DSC designers, the January Pick 'N Mix, which right now is on sale for only $1 each!


Don't forget to come back here on Jan.15 for the DSC January Blog Train! Some of the DSC designers and CT members are putting together fun freebies (QPs, clutters, wordarts, etc.) from the Jan. Pick 'N Mix for our train. It's gonna be fun!!

* * * * *

Just a short note before the wrap. I just want to say, THANK YOU SO MUCH!! for all of you who partcipated in my first Template Challenge at DSC. A lot of beautiful layouts were made out of that template. I also notice that the Digital-Crea forum picked up the template and used it for their challenge as well. That's such a big honor for someone who has only been scrapping seriously for less than half a year like me.

This post is way, way too long now. Okay. Bye! See ya again on the 15th!

1 comment:

PaMam said...

I think you're now blogging more often and it's better and better every blog you do.

Really happy to see and read all wonderful pictures with interesting journal you scrap.

Thank you for linking to many interesting site.

Miss You.